Walt Mankowski on 2 Dec 2004 14:59:05 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Firefox printing

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 11:17:53PM -0500, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to get Firefox to show a LIST of your
> printers so that you can choose a printer to send the job to? With KDE
> systems I used to replace the lpr string with kdeprint which was a nice
> little wrapper that intercepted all your print jobs to a central place.
> >From there you could choose where to send it. Does Gnome have a similar
> feature? It appears that Evolution 2 has something like this -but it is
> the only app I've found that actually calls the wrapper.

When I tried this (at home, I don't have it in front of me at the
moment) selecting File/Print... from the menu brought up a dialog box
where you could select a printer.  There was only one choice, but I
only have one printer defined in my /etc/printcap.

Walt