Martin DiViaio on 8 Dec 2004 03:22:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Fiber in PA

[...]

On the 7th day of December in the year 2004 you wrote:

> Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 17:27:39 -0500
> From: Alexander Birch <abirch@gmail.com>
> To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
> Subject: [PLUG] [OT] Fiber in PA
>
> Does anyone know if Verizon has fiber in PA? Better yet, does anyone
> have it?
>
> My brother says he's seen flyers for them, while  the two lackeys at
> Verizon said no.

Wasn't there some sort of flaky law that that came due about a year ago
that said all telecom service providers have to be able to drop fiber
anywhere in the state? (I seem to remember reading something about it in
the paper about a year ago.)

Anyway, Service Electric dropped a fiber OC-3 where I work about a year
ago. They claim that it's 100% fiber all the way to it's other end.