Fred K Ollinger on 14 Dec 2004 14:44:10 -0000

[PLUG] procmail/egrep/digits question

I have noticed that many spammers use numbers in their email addresses.

I wish to block any domain with any number in it at all. I created a
simple recipe that worked great w/ egrep from command line, but I'm still
seeing bloody numbers in the domain names when I run my script to examine
spam. Why?

Here's the recipe:

\@*[[:digit:]]

I can send the spamsift.plx script if it's necessary, but basically, it
just looks in my greybox and slurps up all the domains into a blacklist
file. Probably not the best way to do things.

Anyway, anyone know why the digit recipe (above) fails when called by
procmail?

Fred