Sandhu, Suchindra on 16 Dec 2004 18:44:37 -0000

[PLUG] Understanding Autofs and Automount .

hello,

Was playing around with autofs and automount but couldn't get it to work.
Here's what I did:

Created a directory and a file to be automounted - /xhome/auto/foo.h

Added an entry to /etc/auto.master -> "/tmp/xxx   /etc/auto.xxx"

Created the file /etc/auto.xxx with the entry:

"xxx    -fstype=autofs    :/xhome/auto"

Then restarted autofs.

Now when I do a "mount", it tells me that automount is running on /tmp/xxx,
but, when I go inside /tmp/xxx, I can't find the contents of
/xhome/auto in there.

Any ideas/hints/suggestions on what I might be doing wrong ?

Thanks,

--
/s