Rebecca Ore on 15 Dec 2004 01:27:29 -0000

[PLUG] SparcStation5-170, needs a scsi cdrom drive.

Whoever will need to pick this up. The information I've seen is that it won't run Linux since it's a weird Hitachi chip (170 MHrtz) but it has run NetBSD and Solaris 9 and probably will run OpenBSD. It's got 2 network cards and could make a good firewall. No keyboard, no terminal, but I've got a mouse and optical mouse pad. 224 MG RAM (could max out with another 32 MG chip), and a microphone.

Could probably netboot, but I've got enough on my plate without dealing further with an old Sparc.

It takes SCA drives -- has two 2 gig drives at present. A nice upgrade would be a nine gig SCA drive.

Would like a five to ten gallon fish tank in trade if you have one, or make offer.