John Lavin on 23 Dec 2004 23:17:09 -0000

[PLUG] Mailman wierdness from aol posts

I'm running an e-mail list under Mailman 2.1.5 that when an aol user
e-mails mailman that they don't see the actual text that they put in
their body.  When I see an e-mail from them, they have all kinds of
attachments:  multipart/alternative, text/plain, text/html,
and message/rfc822.

Of which the text they type is in the multipart/alternative block.  This
is not seen by everyone - I see all the attachments using mutt.

Anyone seen behavior like this?  (yes, I've tried to get them off the
crappy aol service)

I tried turning on the content filtering and only allowing the following
attachments through and e-mail would come up blank for everyone:
multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
text/plain

Weird.

Thanks,
-john

--
John Lavin <jlavin@wayreth.net> http://www.wayreth.net

 Law, is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates
the right of the individual. -- Thomas Jefferson