LeRoy Cressy on 24 Dec 2004 01:54:05 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Upgrade to kde 3.3 in Debian

John Lavin wrote:
| Jon Nelson said:
|
|>John Lavin said:
|>
|>>From the last e-mail from debian-devel-announce, I don't think kde 3.3
|>>has moved to testing yet, but in the next few weeks though.
|>
|>Is there a way I can install it from unstable?
|

| You could always point your system to unstable instead of testing and
| upgrade:
|
| from /etc/apt/sources.list, you should have something like:
|
| deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing main
|
| change to:
|
| deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main
|
| Then update:
|  apt-get update;apt-get install kde
|
| Don't know what else you may have to pull in from unstable to fulfill
| kde's dependencies though...

I wouldn't do it this way, but you could go to
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages and scroll down to "Search
package directories".  Enter in unstable distribution and and the
package name that you are looking for.  The web site will tell you what
packages are needed along with the package that you are looking for.

Down load the required deb files and do
dpkg -i debfile.deb debfile.deb
| Regards,
| -john

- -- Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy mailto:leroy@lrcressy.com /\_/\ ~ http://lrcressy.com ( o.o ) ~ Phone: 215-535-4037 > ^ < ~ FAX: 215-535-4285

gpg fingerprint:  62DE 6CAB CEE1 B1B3 359A  81D8 3FEF E6DA 8501 AFEA

For info on enigmail:    http://lrcressy.com/linux/mozilla.pdf
For info on gpg:         http://www.gnupg.org/