Jeff Abrahamson on 26 Dec 2004 15:53:30 -0000

[PLUG] linux and BIOS

I remember once reading/hearing that linux ignores the machine's
BIOS.  They are used to get the boot loader up and running, but once
linux is loaded it never looks back.

So imagine my surprise when I was obliged to update my BIOS in order
to fix a bug (related to a non-boot hard drive with capacity over 137
GB).

Clearly I was wrong on the BIOS question, but can anyone illuminate
any details?  Does linux always use bios, just sometimes?  Why?

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>    +1 215/837-2287