Jason Costomiris on 31 Dec 2004 18:21:11 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Pennywise Portable Penguin Power?

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:10:36 EST, FloydLJohnsonIII@aol.com
> I have in mind to get a secondhand laptop for the purpose of using an  office
> suite (I've used OpenOffice before, and am unsure if there's a KDE office
> suite), Apache, MySQL, PHP, JDK, and good old g++. (Imagine writing a book and
> developing a game based on it.) I MIGHT get an 802.11 rig to 'net at a  coffee
> shop. (I could download the software while having a second latte.)

Start hunting on eBay..

ThinkPad T20 and T21's are nice machines for running Linux..  Should
be able to find them for under $400.  Also think about a G3 iBook.
Same deal, and the wireless card is supported (you did say lower end).

--
Jason Costomiris <><
E: jcostom {at} gmail {dot} com / W: http://www.jasons.org/