Stephen Gran on 13 Jan 2005 19:01:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] reuse old os partition

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 01:26:56PM -0500, Art Alexion said:
> After a couple of months of testing Debian-based Ubuntu, I am ready to
> abandon my old red hat OS partition.  (the red hat home directories
> have their own partitions)
>
> What is the best way to do that? cfdisk or just a reformat?

rm -rf?  It's up to you - both Debian and RedHat use the same
filesystems, so you could either reformat, or just blow away.

> what changes to grub?  Just delete the red hat entry from the
> menu.list, or do I have to get rid of the boot images of the red hat
> system somehow?

Just deleting the entries from menu.lst should do it, AIUI.
|  Stephen Gran                  | <Knghtbrd> xtifr - beware of james when |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | he's off his medication  =3D>           |