Michael Lazin on 13 Jan 2005 22:58:29 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Noob linux user wannabe who wants to know WHERE to be

Debian is nice but I have found it difficult to configure X.  You
might try Knoppix.  It is a debian distribution that runs live off a
CD.  If you like it you can install it.  The beauty of debian is the
apt-get command which allows automated update and installation of
packages from the command line.

Also, I have found redhat stuff like fedora fairly easy to install and
maintain.  What are you looking for in a distro?

Michael