Stephen Gran on 20 Jan 2005 17:47:52 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Intel 82801DB (ICH4) AC'97 sound issue

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 09:31:08AM -0800, Asmir Murselovic said:
> After a week of trying to fix this problem I'm still wondering if
> anyone managed to get around or fix this sound problem?  I have Intel
> 82801DB (ICH4) AC'97 audio controler, which doesn't work under
> 2.6.10-1.9_FC2.i686 kernel, but works under 2.6.5-1.358/kernel. I have
> checked the Alsa-mixer, made sure that mute is not checked and volume
> is all the way up. I've gotten some suggestions but unfortunately
> didn't help in my case.

What does the kernel have to say about the loading of these modules?
Check the output of dmesg, or if it's been a while since you rebooted,
trawl through old logs for the module loading lines.  I am not sure what
to say yet, since you appear to have the correct modules loaded, and I
am not sure whether the kernel or alsa is to blame yet.
|  Stephen Gran                  | I have just had eighteen whiskeys in a  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | row.  I do believe that is a record.    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | -- Dylan Thomas, his last words         |