Asmir Murselovic on 21 Jan 2005 00:03:43 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Intel 82801DB (ICH4) AC'97 sound issue

Now, I've installed the alsa newest driver which was
recommended by ALSA's website. I installed it in
/usr/include/alsa/alsa-driver-1.0.5rc1  directory, as
instructed by Alsa. When i rebooted Alsa-mixer
wouldn't work at all. When I try to open "Volume
Control" I get an error "Sorry, no mixer elements
and/or devices found." If I try to start it from the
terminal I get an error "alsamixer: function
snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device or
address
".
What do I need to do? Do I need to install alsa mixer
again, and if so, could you please, post a direct link
to the alsa mixer package to download.
Thank you very much

--- Stephen Gran <steve@lobefin.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 09:31:08AM -0800, Asmir
> Murselovic said:
> > After a week of trying to fix this problem I'm
> still wondering if
> > anyone managed to get around or fix this sound
> problem?  I have Intel
> > 82801DB (ICH4) AC'97 audio controler, which
> doesn't work under
> > 2.6.10-1.9_FC2.i686 kernel, but works under
> 2.6.5-1.358/kernel. I have
> > checked the Alsa-mixer, made sure that mute is not
> checked and volume
> > is all the way up. I've gotten some suggestions
> but unfortunately
> > didn't help in my case.
>
> What does the kernel have to say about the loading
> of these modules?
> Check the output of dmesg, or if it's been a while
> since you rebooted,
> trawl through old logs for the module loading lines.
>  I am not sure what
> to say yet, since you appear to have the correct
> modules loaded, and I
> am not sure whether the kernel or alsa is to blame
> yet.
> --

> |  Stephen Gran                  | I have just had
> eighteen whiskeys in a  |
> |  steve@lobefin.net             | row.  I do
> believe that is a record.    |
> |  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | -- Dylan Thomas,
> his last words         |

> ATTACHMENT part 1.2 application/pgp-signature

=====
Asmir Murselovic