Flint Heart on 20 Jan 2005 20:14:18 -0000

Re: [PLUG] If the linux people despise windows...How come...

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 12:33:52PM -0500, William H. Magill wrote:

> Those were exciting times!

Bigest time for me was probably about '93 for me...  One of the computer
lab techs told me about this upstart os that was free...  Took forever to
download all the floppies I needed to install it via 14.4 modem.  Printing
up as much info I could on my old 9pin dot matrix printer.  Took forever to
install it the first time ... After using it for a long while ( console
only)  I gave up for awhile.  I always come back to linux...  Man is the linux world so
different then back then.  And anyone that complains that debian or gentoo
is hard to install... well they should take a trip to the early 90's.

Went from working on muds on a remote sun box to doing stuff locally.

N-Tropy

<lurk>