sean finney on 20 Jan 2005 21:07:37 -0000

Re: [PLUG] spam assassination

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 02:42:53PM -0500, Ron Mansolino wrote:
> ok, this really is a question for the spam assassin people, but is there
> any easy way to shut off the mime-encapsulating part of it and just score
> the mail?

yes, there is.  i shall refer you to the fine manual page
mail::spamassassin::conf (5), under "report_safe".

> but what I was pondering is what to do with the spam, other than outright
> deleting it? my insurance office can't risk auto-deleting a false positive,
> and if I setup another pop account to deliver it to I'm sure it will grow
> unchecked. (until they suspect they missed something, and then there will
> be whining about having to download/sort through it all)

visibly tag the mail as spam, so they can see that sa is catching it,
and let them do with it what they please.  if you use imap, you can
have it automatically filtered into another mailbox which is
periodically cleaned.  you can even give them the preference of
what score it has to match before being filed away.

	sean