Eric J. Roode on 20 Jan 2005 21:15:42 -0000

[PLUG] 2/2 keysigning final details

[This is the last thread I start about the keysigning, honest] :-)

If you wish to participate in the keysigning after the 2/2 meeting,
you need to bring two things with you: 1) a hardcopy printout (not
anything in electronic format or accessed via the web) of the
fingerprint for your key (and verify that it's accurate); and
2) positive photo identification (a driver's license or passport
is ideal).

You also must mail to me your public key, preferably within the next
week or so (so if there's any problem, we can iron it out), but any
time up until the day of the meeting is fine.

To get an idea of what we'll be doing, visit
http://www.phillylinux.org/keys/participate.html

You have the option of either printing out a bunch of slips of paper
with your key's fingerprint on them, and handing them out to all the
other participants (make sure you print enough!) -- or of printing out
one copy for yourself and reading it aloud to the other participants,
which they'll check against the printout of everyone's keys (which
I'll print out and give to everyone).  Either method is fine.

If you want to print out copies of your fingerprint to hand out to
others, you might want to try my gpg2ps program, available at
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/sdn/gpg2ps (requires Perl and gpg).
[Note to Art Alexion: I added the checklist as an option :-)]

If you have any questions, of course I'll be happy to try to
answer.  :-)

--
Eric
$_ = reverse sort $ / . r , qw p ekca lre uJ reh