Mike on 26 Jan 2005 18:49:43 -0000

[PLUG] anyone used lufis successfully?

I've been looking for ways to mount an ftp server as a local filesystem,
and I've found the FUSE project and associated lufis and lufs
applications, which seem like they should do what I want. FYI I'm
running Gentoo with a 2.6.9 kernel.

So far I've got the fuse module loaded into the kernel and lufis, which
is the interface between fuse and the lufs ftpfs module, is almost
working.

I'm running lufis with this command:

# lufis
fs=ftpfs,host=remote.com,root=/home/user,username=user,password=mypass
/mnt/lufis -s

which should mount ftp://remote.com/home/user locally as /mnt/lufis.

Instead, what it does is mount / on remote as /mnt/lufis -- which
incidentally seems a bit of a security issue, but . It sounds like that
could be a mis-configuration on the remote end, or a problem with lufis,
but I can't tell which.

Has anyone used this program, or fuse or lufs, effectively? Any tips?

Thanks!

Mike