sean finney on 26 Jan 2005 19:06:53 -0000

Re: [PLUG] kernel 2.6 and /dev/psaux

hi jeff,

you might be interested in this:

basically what was happening was gpm/X was trying to access the
mouse device before it was loaded, which kicked off hotplug's loading
of the psmouse module, but not before it returned ENODEV to the
calling program.  restarting X/gpm is one fix, or otherwise loading
all your mouse input modules before they start.

i haven't had this problem in a while, but it's possible that this
is due to me using things out of sid or using something that gets
installed by default.

	sean