sean finney on 27 Jan 2005 05:17:08 -0000

Re: [PLUG] 64 bit Linux

hi,

(replying back on-list, hope that's okay)

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 11:06:31PM -0500, Michael Lazin wrote:
> How well does Cedega work?  I am thinking about getting a motherboard
> with an integrated nforce4 and buying a better video card later.  Is
> this sufficient to run half life 2 on linux?

cedega itself works pretty nicely.  there was a steam update that it
didn't handle very well shortly after i started, but that was fixed
in about three (which seemed so very long) days.

hl2 plays very nicely, though the loading time sucks (i hear it's also
bad in the win32).  if you have something newer than my card that
does hardware 3d, i don't think you should have any problems.

i wrote a half-life 2 + cedega + steam + amd64 howto on the whole thing,
if you're interested:

http://www.seanius.net/linux/amd64/cedega-hl2-amd64.html

note that most of this was after-the fact and from memory, i'll update
it after i have a chance to try again from scratch :)

	sean