Art Alexion on 29 Jan 2005 12:46:59 -0000

Re: [PLUG] PGP Signatures Was: Re: BusinessWeek Article: Linux Inc

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

Arthur S. Alexion wrote:

>What I like about them the least is that they tend to make really ugly and
>unreadable quotes of plain text replies to HTML mail if you are replying
>with an HTML capable composer...

HTML email is wrong in the first place, and you add insult to injury if you
reply to someone who sent you plain text with HTML.

I like to compose using HTML for lists and indents and such, and then allow my MUA to strip the HTML before sending. Almost always the list formatting and other indentations are preserved helping to make the email more readable while the format sent is actually plain text.
--

Art Alexion

PGP fingerprint: 52A4 B10C AA73 096F A661 92D2 3B65 8EAC ACC5 BA7A
The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c