John Lavin on 30 Jan 2005 01:58:37 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Missing file for Scanner

sean finney said:
> have you read the following webpage?
>
> http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/#FIRMWARE

Yup - Just tried installing their drivers with wine.  Its an installshield
and it fails for me.  I did download the dcom98 patch that's supposed to
be required to get installshield to work under wine, but haven't gotten
one to work yet...

Tried also downloading their software from the website to no avail -
they require a username/password to get to their downloads...

I guess I'm going to have to hunt down someone with a windoze box to
install their crappy software on so I can copy their drivers.

Thanks,
-john

--
John Lavin <jlavin@wayreth.net> http://www.wayreth.net

 May your glass be ever full, may the roof over your head be always
strong, and may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows
you're dead. --Irish Toast