Tom Diehl on 4 Feb 2005 00:48:20 -0000

[PLUG] Re: MySQL3 and Fedora Core 3

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 gyoza@comcast.net wrote:

> Ben Dugan wrote:
>
> > If you're using apt-get, does that mean FC3 is debian based?  (I'm
> > sorry: this is kind of a dumb question and certainly doesn't help you
> > with your problem, but now I'm curious.)
> >

> No, FC3 is Red Hat based.  apt-get has been ported to other distros.  I
> think the package is actually called apt-rpm in this case, but the
> command is still apt-get.

This is true but keep in mind apt-rpm is not part of the distro. It is a
3rd party thing and AFAICT is no longer maintained. There are apparently enough
problems with it that the authors have decided to abandon it. I think there is
a new application coming to replace it. I just cannot recall the name it this
time.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl@rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123@rogueind.com