kevin on 8 Feb 2005 03:31:27 -0000

[PLUG] Employment Opportunity

Hello,

I have just started a new job at Fidelia Technologies
(http://fidelia.com) in Princeton, NJ.  A small software company that
makes network monitoring software.  We are looking to hire 1 or 2
entry level people to do a little of everything.  Those of you who
have worked at small companies know what I mean.

Specifically the role we have in mind is someone who can hack around
in Perl and can find their way around in a variety of operating
systems.  The main responsibilities will include learning the product,
and then improving it through development of monitoring plugins in
Perl.  Providing various levels of customer support, typically via
Email, but someone who isn't afraid to jump on the phone and just
completely tackle a problem every once in a while is great.  Ideally
someone who is willing to learn and to pitch in their technical
ability wherever needed.

Here is the official job posting:

FIDELIA TECHNOLOGY INC.
Perl / Unix developer

Full Time Entry Level	up to $40k

Company Description

Fidelia Technology, based in Princeton - NJ, has multiple job openings
to match its rapid growth in the Network & Server Management space
(NMS). www.fidelia.com Customers using our product include Sony,
Verizon Wireless, Yale University & Cornell University.
Job Qualifications

Excellent command of written and spoken English.
A track record of success.
B.S. in Computer Science or similar.
Good Perl programming experience in a Unix environment.
Good knowledge of Unix/Linux System Administration.
Comfortable working with any operating system.

Job Description

Candidate will be working on adding new functionality to the NetVigil
product (written in Java/C) using our Perl API. This requires using
technologies such as XML, Object Oriented Databases, Java Messaging
Service, SNMP, WMI, socket programming and others.

A major part of this job is handling support requests, which may be
the most important phase of our business. This is our opportunity to
represent our excellence to our current and potential customers. The
successful candidate will appreciate this role and accept the
challenge and responsibility of representing Fidelia.

Fidelia is a small and friendly company that provides an environment
where you can excel and make an impact. Here you will see everything
that goes into software, not just code, but testing, marketing, sales,
documentation and customer support.

Contact Information
How to Apply	Email Resume
When to Apply	ASAP