Bob Schwier on 10 Feb 2005 22:15:48 -0000

Re: [PLUG] GPG for newbies

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 gyoza@comcast.net wrote:

> Walt Mankowski wrote:
>
> >A day or two ago there was a header-forged spam (and/or virus) email
> >sent to the list.  It appeared as an unsigned message sent from
> >someone who always signs his posts to the list.
> >

> It would be nice if the mail server could verify the signature instead
> of every recipient.

Okay, as one who has yet to change his evil ways and invest in new
equipment, all I can say is that the spammer was obvious.  "Porn
pictures" on a techno list?  The text screamed "Delete me."
And this was obviously not from the alledged lister.
This is part of the reason that I only deal in text only copy.
My courtesy thing is if you don't care to give a text only messege in
addition to your html, I have no obligation to read it.
bs