Mark M. Hoffman on 11 Feb 2005 02:37:09 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Hardware monitoring

Hi Doug:

* Doug Crompton <doug@crompton.com> [2005-02-10 21:06:25 -0500]:
> I loaded and installed smartmon and it returns all kinds of info with the
> -a switch but no temperature. I assume many drives do not have this
> feature?

I wouldn't say many... but yes, some do not report temperature.

> My linux drives has logged 20K hours. I guess that is about right for 2
> years. Anyone know what to expect in terms of life in hours from a drive?

I personally don't count on disks to run for more than a year after their
warranty has expired.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman