sean finney on 14 Feb 2005 04:27:46 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Spam (revisited)

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 12:06:33PM -0500, Doug Crompton wrote:
> More bluntly: I'm not going to waste my resources trying to sort out clean
> water from sewage. That responsibility rests with the people whose servers
> and networks are spewing effluent through the pipes designated for water.
> <end qoute>

that's a great attitude to take, but i'd be suprised to find it acceptable
in any business environment.  for example, i could never block mail from
korea or various eastern european netblocks at my place of work (a well
known philly area college), because buried in all that spam could be an
email from a perspective student, alumni wanting to donate, etc.

likewise i would never do that with my personal mail, as i (like
stephen) feel a certain responsibility to answer questions from
debian users and developers regardless of their country of origin.

	sean