Doug Crompton on 14 Feb 2005 05:01:12 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Spam (revisited)

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, sean finney wrote:

> that's a great attitude to take, but i'd be suprised to find it acceptable
> in any business environment.  for example, i could never block mail from
> korea or various eastern european netblocks at my place of work (a well
> known philly area college), because buried in all that spam could be an
> email from a perspective student, alumni wanting to donate, etc.
>
> likewise i would never do that with my personal mail, as i (like
> stephen) feel a certain responsibility to answer questions from
> debian users and developers regardless of their country of origin.
>
> 	sean

I fully understand and I consider myself lucky to be in the position I am
to be able to do it and control my own mail destiny. I was wondering if
doing something like this would work -

ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers - Send mail to
xxx@yahoo.com"

or whatever you want to say..

for those who want a backup. The legitimate sender would have an
alternative address. I doubt the automated spam would pick it up.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *