Kevin Brosius on 18 Feb 2005 15:49:04 -0000

[PLUG] Re: SuSE make

All of this sounds like "the hard way".

I believe you can just change the 'source of install' in yast2 (or yast
if you're going non-graphical) to ftp.  Point it at a suse mirror
(goggle: 'suse ftp' for the long list).  Then install the packages you
want.

If you already have a running system, no reason to mess with new
installers and such.  (I assume you aren't running the live cd that
mounts a read-only filesystem for the binaries.)

--
Kevin Brosius