Aaron Mulder on 18 Feb 2005 14:24:36 -0000

Re: [PLUG] SuSE make

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Bill Patterson wrote:
> I would get those ISOs, but the box I am using doesn't do DVD, and the
> box with DVD doesn't want to do SuSE.

	You can download the DVD onto any machine with 3GB space and
Apache and then mount it (with "-o loop" or whatever) and set up an Apache
alias of something like /suse92 pointing to the mount point (and test in
your browser to be sure the permissions are OK).  I use:

Alias  /suse-pro-9.0/  /shared/samba/cd-backups/suse/suse-pro-9.0/
Alias  /suse-pro-9.1-32/  /shared/samba/cd-backups/suse/suse-pro-9.1-32/
Alias  /suse-pro-9.1-64/  /shared/samba/cd-backups/suse/suse-pro-9.1-64/
Alias  /suse-pro-9.2/  /shared/samba/cd-backups/suse/suse-pro-9.2/

<Directory /shared/samba/cd-backups/suse/>
        Options +FollowSymLinks +Indexes
        order allow,deny
        allow from all
</Directory>

	Then download the mini-install CD, boot your no-DVD machine from
it, and do an HTTP install where you give it http://yourserver/suse92 as
the server URL.  There are several other network install types if you like
FTP or NFS more.

	Or, just download the mini-install CD, point it to the SuSE 9.2
FTP site, and be very patient.  :)

Aaron