Art Alexion on 22 Feb 2005 22:04:21 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OSX "middleware"?

Flint Heart wrote:

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 04:07:18PM -0500, Art Alexion wrote:

Is there anything out there like wine, but for OSX software? (might it be called "mine"?) My son wants to use iTunes.

Buy a mac ? ;)

Actually considering it.

seriously though, Does he just want to use iTunes or does he have an iPod ?

I am getting him an iPod and am anticipating this problem. I had gotten a bunch of free iTunes downloads last year and was surprised that you needed proprietary software to retrieve them. Then, I found out that our windows machine couldn't handle it either because it used win98se. I didn't have any plans on buying any more versions of windows.

Wine should work with iTunes.

I will give it a try.

If you want mac emulator there is always PearPC.(you'll need osx though, and its SLOW)
There are linux apps to manage your ipod if thats what he wants...

Actually that may be fine.

course I
just use my powerbook. ;)

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c