Josh Marcus on 10 Mar 2005 20:08:35 -0000

[PLUG] linux/perl developer position available

Here's a job advertisement for a local progressive organization
looking for interested perl programmers.  Our development and
production servers are debian ...
---

Solutions for Progress Inc., a progressive public policy
consulting group located in Philadelphia, is seeking a
Systems Programmer to support and develop our pioneering
internet-based software program, The Benefit Bank.

The Benefit Bank is increasingly being used as part of
anti-poverty mobilizations.  It is a free service that
assists low- and moderate-income households in maximizing
their tax credits and public benefits.

As a member of the development team of the Benefit Bank,
you will work closely with other programmers, testers,
and benefit analysts to add functionality to the application
and roll out new benefit modules for states around the country.

We use an agile development methodology, and strive towards
a high degree of collaboration and consensus.

An ideal candidate would have:
    -- fluency in perl
    -- experience with XML technologies (e.g. xslt)
    -- professional experience in development
    -- interest in application design
    -- familiarity with linux and command line tools
    -- good development habits (documentation, testing)
    -- familiarity with object oriented programming

Please forward your resume, code samples, and references
to jmarcus@solfopro.com.