Darian Anthony Patrick on 10 Mar 2005 20:31:46 -0000

Re: [PLUG] linux/perl developer position available

You should post this to Philly.pm as well.

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 15:09 -0500, Josh Marcus wrote:
> Here's a job advertisement for a local progressive organization
> looking for interested perl programmers.  Our development and
> production servers are debian ...
> ---
>
> Solutions for Progress Inc., a progressive public policy
> consulting group located in Philadelphia, is seeking a
> Systems Programmer to support and develop our pioneering
> internet-based software program, The Benefit Bank.
>
> The Benefit Bank is increasingly being used as part of
> anti-poverty mobilizations.  It is a free service that
> assists low- and moderate-income households in maximizing
> their tax credits and public benefits.
>
> As a member of the development team of the Benefit Bank,
> you will work closely with other programmers, testers,
> and benefit analysts to add functionality to the application
> and roll out new benefit modules for states around the country.
>
> We use an agile development methodology, and strive towards
> a high degree of collaboration and consensus.
>
> An ideal candidate would have:
>      -- fluency in perl
>      -- experience with XML technologies (e.g. xslt)
>      -- professional experience in development
>      -- interest in application design
>      -- familiarity with linux and command line tools
>      -- good development habits (documentation, testing)
>      -- familiarity with object oriented programming
>
> Please forward your resume, code samples, and references
> to jmarcus@solfopro.com.

Darian Anthony Patrick
Network and Systems Integration Consultant
dapatrick-lists@darianpatrick.com
http://www.darianpatrick.com
--
GPG Fingerprint: BCF1 E7AD 15AD 8A99 F613  AF5F 2A9C C45C F580 E087
About OpenPGP: http://www.openpgp.org/about_openpgp/