Carlos Konstanski on 15 Mar 2005 19:54:11 -0000

Re: [PLUG] teaching linux to the next generation

Baby steps.  I have been quietly converting my fellow developers at my
company over the last year and a half.  When I started, no one had a
Linux box (including myself) except our 2 sysadmins and 2 devs and the
owner.  I soaked up all the knowledge I could from them, became the
first convert, and proceeded to pick off the remaining Windows users,
one at a time.  Now they are doing the same - the flames are
self-fanning.  New workstations are dual-boot by default, instead of
being 100% Windows like in the old days.  It won't be long before
Windows is something you can't have at my company unless you can give a
good reason for needing it.  All because of the pressure applied by one
little guy over a year and a half timespan.

If that doesn't work, invite Microsoft in for an audit.  That will be
the utter end of Windows at your workplace.  100% compliance is an
impossibility.  Gosh, I hate the word "compliance" when discussing
software.