Ian Reinhart Geiser on 11 Apr 2005 14:52:02 -0000

[PLUG] Network services dying

Greetings,
 I have a brand new XP3000 that I am having problems with the network on.

 Basicly I run ssh on the box along with distcc.  Randomly all network
services stop, disconnect currently active connections, and then rejects all
incoming traffic for a random amount of time.  Now to pour salt in the wounds
here I can access the external network just fine from the machine.

 I have swapped out linux dists, kernels, the actual network cards and tweaked
sshd.  Nothing seems to help.  Has anyone else seen the before, or know what
could cause this?  I am not running IP tables so I have ruled that out, but I
am at a loss for anything else.  I would say it was SSH but it does this for
all network services.

Cheers
 -ian reinhart geiser