Christopher Shanahan on 16 Apr 2005 20:44:12 -0000

Re: [PLUG] suggested Motherboard/processor combo

On Saturday 16 April 2005 16:22, Tobias DiPasquale wrote:
> On Apr 16, 2005, at 4:08 PM, Eric Lucas wrote:
> > What MoBo/CPU combinations have others on the list had success with?
> > Advice appreciated!
>
> I bought an Athlong64 3000+ (2.0 GHz) along with an Asus K8N-E Deluxe
> mobo a while back. To go with it, I got 1GB (two 512MB DIMMs) of DDR
> SDRAM from Crucial. This box screams and the mobo supports all the way
> up to ATA-7 (that's SATA; even has SATA RAID controller on-mobo).
> Pretty cheap, too: I replaced the CPU, mobo and RAM for $500 (kept the
> same disks I was using before). The Athlon64's easily smoke anything
> out there now in their range. If you can go with that, I would highly
> recommend it.

If I may...

Are you using the on-board SATA RAID controller? Have you had any problems
with it? For example, have you had any problems with SATA drives not being
recognized properly, or not recognized at all? Which distro --and kernel-- are
you running?

TIA

--
Christopher Shanahan