Stephen Gran on 24 Apr 2005 16:42:55 -0000

Re: [PLUG] USB Mass storage question

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 12:23:06PM -0400, Doug Crompton said:
> I have an external USB mass storage drive running under SUSE 7.3 (an ATA
> drive in an external USB box).
> What is the correct way to disconnect this drive. When I unmount
> everything and shutdown the power I get a kernel message that it lost the
> controller and something about that being "very bad."

Can you post the actual error message?  That way people could look it up
and see if it is actually a problem.
|  Stephen Gran                  | BOFH excuse #137:  User was             |
|             | distributing pornography on server;     |
| | system seized by FBI.                   |