Jeff Abrahamson on 3 May 2005 11:36:52 -0000

[PLUG] math and emacs

Maybe Chris mentioned this in his talk, but I was reminded this
morning that the calculator in emacs knows how to do algebra!  This
came up on the octave mailing list where some guy mentioned (and
included a transcript) of using it thus:

    here's an actual example from a problem I did yesterday.  I have
    in line "3:" two linearly independent solutions of u''(x) = 0,
    then in line "2:" their Wronskian matrix, then in line "1:" its
    symbolic matrix inverse

This seemed particular topical given Eric's talk tonight.  (He did say
"advanced" emacs.)

I'll be the one in the audience asking him to solve some systems of
linear equations with emacs. ;-)

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>    +1 215/837-2287