Jeff Abrahamson on 13 May 2005 01:55:47 -0000

[PLUG] two maybe three free machines

I have two, maybe three, machines to give away.  They are pentium
class, but I won't hazard a guess beyond that.  The maybe machine is a
486 that has been a reliable work-horse for many years as my NAT
gateway.  OK, so it takes 20 seconds to generate an ssh session key,
but once it's got it it's very reliable and fast.

The machines have hard drives, but you can't have the drives unless
you reformat them.  This either means you're someone I know well
enough that I'm really, really sure you'll wipe it immediately upon
getting home or else you do it here.  But I'm not sure how you'd do
that.  The drives are only a few dozen GB anyway.  I don't remember
what's on them is the problem.

If someone has one of those NAT-in-a-box thingies they want to trade,
that'd be cool.  I'm looking to decommission the 486 but don't feel
like spending money to do so.  But it would be one less fan, etc., if
I could lose it.

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>    +1 215/837-2287