Art Alexion on 13 May 2005 13:45:39 -0000

[PLUG] Ubuntu

I thought I would address this question here rather than on the Ubuntu
list where things tend to get "religious" rather than "practical".

Been using Ubuntu Warty since about November.  Very happy with it.
Stable enough to rely on for "production".  Last month the upgrade to
Hoary became official.  A scan of the Ubuntu user list reveals what
seems to be a lot of users with serious problems using Hoary.  But that
is not necessarily a good way to gage the general experience because you
only get to read what those who take the time to complain are saying,
and often a few tend to take up a lot of bandwidth with complaints.  But
I am still leery.

Anyone on this list using Ubuntu and upgraded Warty to Hoary?
Experiences?  Worth it?

While, Warty is supposed to be supported for another 17 months, I am
already having dependency conflicts with security updates.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c