pinkee on 15 May 2005 19:37:48 -0000

Re: [PLUG] framebuffer woes

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 12:58:42AM -0400, Michael D. Bevilacqua wrote:
> This works for me:
>
> vesa vga vesafb w/ console and size support aka...
>
> [*] Support for frame buffer devices
> [*]   Enable Video Mode Handling Helpers
> <*> VESA VGA graphics support - vesafb
>
> Console display driver support  --->
> [*]   Video mode selection support
> <*> Framebuffer Console support
>
> Console display driver support  --->
> [*]   Standard 224-color Linux logo
>

> And stick this into your LILO/GRUB conf...
>
> vga = 791

i tried this to no avail, i have tries looking at HOWTOs and have
compiled configures it a hundred different ways, the original kernel is
a framebuffer one, but a 2.4 and make oldconfig did not work.

if it would help i can paste the relevant part of my config here.

pinkee
--
http://www.cavegirl.org
"The trouble with the straight and narrow is that somthing I keep