Cosmin Nicolaescu on 15 May 2005 20:26:48 -0000

Re: [PLUG] framebuffer woes

On Sun, May 15, 2005 3:40 pm, pinkee@cavegirl.org said:
> On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 12:58:42AM -0400, Michael D. Bevilacqua wrote:
>> This works for me:
>>
>> vesa vga vesafb w/ console and size support aka...
>>
>> [*] Support for frame buffer devices
>> [*]   Enable Video Mode Handling Helpers
>> <*> VESA VGA graphics support - vesafb
>>
>> Console display driver support  --->
>> [*]   Video mode selection support
>> <*> Framebuffer Console support
>>
>> Console display driver support  --->
>> [*]   Standard 224-color Linux logo
>>

>> And stick this into your LILO/GRUB conf...
>>
>> vga = 791
>
> i tried this to no avail, i have tries looking at HOWTOs and have
> compiled configures it a hundred different ways, the original kernel is
> a framebuffer one, but a 2.4 and make oldconfig did not work.
>
> if it would help i can paste the relevant part of my config here.
>

> pinkee
> --
> http://www.cavegirl.org
> "The trouble with the straight and narrow is that somthing I keep
> sliding of to side, and the Devil makes good use of these hands of mine"
> - Spiritulized

what distro are you using? if it's an rpm based one, you can just
(u)rpm(i) the kernel, if it's gentoo you can use genkernel. I'm not sure
if debian has anything that auto-configures your kernel.

I'm not saying you should use that kernel, but see if the framebuffer
works, and if so use their .config and change it to your needs.

- -Cos

- --
GPG key fingerprint = DE9F 4664 E666 2BD1 903E  4F4D EA31 5FB1 C7F9 08C1