gyoza on 19 May 2005 14:49:27 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Mac client, Linux server(s)

Walt Mankowski wrote:

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 09:11:02AM -0400, gyoza@comcast.net wrote:

Since not everyone has the (free) software to create a PDF, I think it would make sense if people shared read-only documents in Postscript. HTML is good, too, but it depends on local fonts and screen size.

Ghostscript comes with (free) ps2pdf utility.

That's true. I use Ghostscript under XP with GSview. But, it isn't as simple as it could be.

On the other foot, most computers can easily install Postscript printer drivers. Postscript viewers are another story. No one will do it anyway, so PDFs it is.