Ben Dugan on 31 May 2005 14:07:43 -0000

[PLUG] Module loading logs

I'm running debian on a laptop with a 2.4 kernel. I built a 2.6 kernel to try out on it. It does run, but there are problems with loading modules. I assume this is related to module-init-tools, since this is widely reported as being one of the bigger differences between 2.4 and 2.6, but I haven't tracked it down yet.

During boot there's a list of 10 or so "FATAL - module.o blah blah blah" messages that fly past too quick for me to read. I can't find these messages in /var/log by doing a grep. Any suggestions where I should look for them?

Ben