Flint Heart on 9 Jun 2005 10:58:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OS X, terminal, screen, mutt, emacs

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 03:59:35AM -0400, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> - I can tell Terminal not to have scroll-back, but I don't see a way
>   to have page-up/page-down pass through to linux apps instead of being
>   caught by Terminal, which maintains a scrollbar despite my asking to
>   have no scroll history.
what version of osx do you have. its easier to to on tiger then it was on
panther. just remap pageup and pagedown to what shift pageup and shift
pagedown are(i think thats the key combo to page) Its under window
settings, keyboard.

> - Control-F-keys (C-F1, for example) don't pass through to apps,
>   although ordinary F-keys do.

Are we on a laptop ?
function key and then the function buttons will do the job.  I think there
is a way to override the normal uses of those keys though.

> - Apps see backspace as forward delete.  If I tell Terminal to pass
>   delete as backspace, apps sees C-h (which they don't understand),
>   especially emacs.

also under window settings, keyboard, check off
"Delete key sends Backspace"
"Use option key as meta key"

> Much thanks in advance for any suggestions.

YW.

You might as well turn on transparency and all your other options while
your in the window settings section.(window settings is just under
preferences.

N-Tropy