gyoza on 12 Jun 2005 14:16:12 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Sun Blade 100

Jason wrote:

On 6/11/05, Len Pikulski <lenp@nothinbut.net> wrote:

I know this hasn't been said in a while, and I am not picking on you
Michael, but ......

As of late there seems to be a lot of hardware "peddling" on this list.
I would say rather than being "off topic" this type of activity probably
belongs on another list.

Pardon me, since I'm one of the so-called "peddlers"...

In the past, I've seen plenty of people offer a bunch of stuff for
sale, trade, or even to be given away on this list. I can only recall
one objection raised - yours.

Well, I will back Len up based on the principle that this is a Linux (read specific type of software) list. Especially since Eric Hidle has provided at least one alternative to posting to the list.

<quote>
Here is an alternative to posting to the mailing list:

I was bored this morning so I set up a phpclassified ad board for all of you to use if you have crap you want to get rid of.. Obviously I don't want any money to run it... all I ask is that you not hack me, as I am sure it is insecure as all hell :)

http://www.ie-ap.org/classifieds

I threw up a bunch of categories... and I'll add more as time goes by... standard disclaimers apply (use at your own risk, yadda yadda)...
</quote>