gyoza on 12 Jun 2005 23:53:15 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Sun Blade 100

Rebecca Ore wrote:

On Sunday, June 12, 2005, at 10:18 AM, gyoza@comcast.net wrote:

Jason wrote:

If you object so strongly, while others do not seem to, may I suggest
you filter as you see fit on the string "FS:" in the subject line?

Ah, "FS: " sounds good. It reminds me of Freecycle with its "OFFER: " and "WANTED: " subject categories.

I've given away and gotten equipment from people here and in a private hieararchy. I like being able to pass on what I got free and to people who are going to know how to do something with it.

A generic Intel box fits NWPhillyFreecycle; something that's not mainstream, I'd think this was the place.

I feel better about trade or free machines on this list though, rather than for sale, but don't mind "for sale" as long as it's not a person's side-line business (lists that get clogged with those tend to split off a sales list).

Well said. I guess it really doesn't matter overall as long as the volume of free or for sale stuff is fairly low. Just like OT subjects are tolerated.

Although, it's pretty obvious that when an OT subject involves Microsoft, some people are less tolerant. Heh.