Kristopher Klein on 13 Jun 2005 20:21:15 -0000

[PLUG] job opp.

Just posted today at SunGard in Philly:

Respond off list with question.

To apply to this job, please visit our website at:
www.sungard.apply2jobs.com

SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION ENGINEER II
Reference No.:  	05-2605 SD
Opening Date: 	June 13, 2005
Job Title: 	Systems Administ Engr II/05-2605 SD
Salary: 	Based on experience
Location: 	Philadelphia, PA
How to Apply:	To apply to this job, please visit our
website at: www.sungard.apply2jobs.com

Responsibilities:

· Installation, configuration and support of all
departmental servers & systems.
· Performance monitoring and enhancement of
departmental servers & systems.
· Develop and support procedures for day-to-day usage
of departmental servers & systems.
· Monitor and maintain the security state of supported
systems.
· Manage patching and upgrading of supported systems
and software.
· Work with management to develop scalability & fault
tolerance strategies.
· Monitor and enforce server & system SLA's.
· On-call support of departmental servers & systems.
· Perform customization of SunGard?s network
management tools to meet customer requirements.
· Release management in compliance with ITIL standards
of Enterprise Management software tools residing on
supported systems.

Requirements:
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
required.
· Minimum 7 yrs experience in System Administration in
a Service Provider environment.
· High level of proficiency with Unix, Linux and
Windows environments. (Certifications helpful)
· Experience installing and maintaining clusters and
high availability architectures.
· Experience administering SAN environments.
· Experience administering Oracle and MS SQL
environments.
· Experience writing and implementing scripts (Shell,
Perl, etc.)
· Understanding of network topologies, including
routing, switching, firewalling, and VPNs.
· Knowledge of SNMP based management systems and
standard MIBs.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Flexibility in working off shift hours and weekends
to comply with approved change windows.
· Must have the ability to effectively work in a team
environment, as well as independently.

SUNGARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F/D/V

To apply to this job, please visit our website at:
www.sungard.apply2jobs.com

Boycott Walmart!, your future depends on it.
Google it and find out why. --> http://tinyurl.com/4tntq