Stephen Gran on 15 Jun 2005 17:20:55 -0000

Re: [PLUG] ubuntu hoary upgrade issues: bash completion & ctrl+u

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 12:05:58PM -0400, Art Alexion said:
> Stephen Gran wrote:
>
> >A second thought - does apt-get upd<tab> tab complete without the sudo?
> >If so, it is probably a bug in the implementation (completion is trying
> >to complete arguments to sudo rather than apt-get or something).  It
> >does work well here (Debian unstable).
> >
> No.  "apt-g" will not complete to "apt-get", "apt-get u" completes to
> "apt-get unshorten"!

OK, well I would suggest grabbing a different bash_completion than the
one you currently have (download a deb from debian unstable, unpack it,
and then source that file).  If that results in correct behavior, file
an appropriate bug.  It sounds like they have lost support for something
that used to work.

The shell code in there is too hairy for me to want to debug it, sorry.
Especially when I know there is a working version available :)
|  Stephen Gran                  | * PerlGeek is really a space alien *    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | Knghtktty believes PerlGeek             |