John Von Essen on 15 Jun 2005 16:15:21 -0000

Re: [PLUG] ISP Recommendations / LOC records in DNS

LOC is probably not used since it could just be made up. Off-list, I
discussed with someone that in reality, large providers who specialize in
true geographic load balancing (not just for failover, but for
performance) - probably depend on business relationships with the top 50
ISP's in the US to gather info on regional IP address characteristics. If
you think about it, the top 50 ISP's probably cover 95% of the market -
especially if you take into account that some of these providers "supply"
the access to smaller ISP's and so on.

-john