Bill Hance on 15 Jun 2005 15:59:27 -0000

Re: [PLUG] ISP Recommendations / LOC records in DNS

> On 01 Jun, 2005, at 12:04, John Von Essen wrote:
>> I always wondered if the geographic load balancers direct traffic
>> based
>> on ARIN IP data. I know some of them just direct traffic on round-
>> robin or
>> resource availability.
>
> Most all of them work with routing information, not ARIN information.
>
> Routing tables are always accurate and always current,
> ... or else you wouldn't ever get a packet back!

   While learning BIND, I put LOC records in my DNS.  Are they used for
anything?  They should be...

  -Bill

    IN      LOC     39 54 18.412 N 75 23 20.726 W 85m

--
http://www.billhance.com/

I'm Bill Hance, and I approved this message.